Sunday, February 24, 2019

Academy Awards and Life Fails

Hello to the three faithful readers of this blog.

Tonight is the 91st Academy Awards. It's always a special night for me, but this year, I'm just a little worn out. I wasn't able to see BlacKkKlansman or At Eternity's Gate because apparently, AT&T/DirecTV is having software issues with their On Demand movies, even though they are not advertising this issue. Don't get me started with my opinion of the takeover of DirecTV by AT&T, but, I will summarize it by saying that we never had issues with our DirecTV service before AT&T came into the picture.

Anyway, I was unimpressed by the field of movies this year, as well as the nominations for Best Picture. Having seen 7 of the 8 this year, my pick is Roma

Best Actress - I loved Glenn Close in The Wife.
Best Actor - I liked all the performances that I saw, but I pick Christian Bale in Vice.
Best Supporting Actress - It's another tough one for me. I have to go with Marina de Tavira in Roma.
Best Supporting Actor - Sam Rockwell's characterization of W in Vice was very entertaining.

As far as life fails. I'm going to have to rip back all the way to the armholes on this sweater. It's just too, too big.



Finally, I have to call the plumber.



Have a great evening Y'all.

MK out.

2 comments:

  1. Some good - some bad! You’ll be happy you ripped back is my guess! I hope the plumber issue wasn’t too terrrible. (The sweater is lovely! )

    ReplyDelete