Monday, January 1, 2018

Movie Monday - 1/1/2018

Happy New Year y'all!!!

I only have two Hallmark Christmas movies left to watch. Some have been better than others, but I've enjoyed all of them.

I've also gone to the theater a couple of times.

I hesitate to say this next statement out loud, but I did not like Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I lost interest one hour in, and I thought it was too long - by about an hour. I must disclose that I'm not what most people would consider a Star Wars fan. The only other movies I've liked in the franchise are Star Wars: A New Hope and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Rogue One was alright, because it gave some context. All in all, I think this latest installment blew up too many story lines. In summary, I'm not impressed.

Gary Oldman gives a mighty fine performance as Winston Churchill in The Darkest Hour. The film focuses on Churchill's early days as Prime Minister when Hitler was making advances towards Britain. Kristin Scott Thomas and Lily James also star in this film. It was pretty good, if for no other reason than Oldman's performance.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment