Saturday, January 6, 2018

FO Friday - 1/6/2018

I can't believe I'm a day late with this feature. I have material and everything; so, I decided to go with it.



Pattern:  Ollivander Shawl by Kay F Jones
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Paints in Graphite and Cascade 220 Heritage Solids in Charcoal
Comments: This project fulfilled the asymmetrical requirement for Loopy Academy, and it was also one of my December entries in the year long Harry Potter KAL at Inside Number 23.  It was a fun knit, and not too demanding.


Pattern: Evergreen Socks by Madeline Gannon
Yarn: Wollmeise Twin in Absinth
Comments: It was my first time to make a pair of socks using Wollmeise Twin. (I've made a shawl with WM Pure before.) The yarn is a little splitty and a little thicker than most fingering or sock weights. I'm not sure if it will ever become my favorite yarn to make socks, but the colors are gorgeous; so, I'm sure I'll find something to make with it.

And I will leave you with a gratuitous picture of all the socks I made in 2017. 


I made 17 pairs. You see only 16 here, because one pair was an auction prize that I made and delivered earlier in the year. My goal for 2018 is to make twelve. I think 2018 might be the year of the sweater. We shall see...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment