Monday, April 4, 2016

Movie Monday - 4/4/2016

I went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 yesterday with some friends - some were Greek. I thought it was hilarious. I saw the first one with The Husb and again with my mom. I laughed all through it both times. I felt my mom was with me watching this new one. I know she was laughing too. All the original actors returned to reprise their roles. Don't you just know they were having fun? You can't beat this movie for good, clean, family oriented entertainment. I really liked it. Opa!

Infinitely Polar Bear is a more serious film, starring my man Mark Ruffalo. He plays a dad with bipolar disorder, who cares for his two daughters while the mom (Zoe Saldana) attends an MBA program in a different city. Again, Hollywood gives a simplistic, and, in this case, charming view of a bipolar individual, but the movie is heartwarming. I liked it.

I had high hopes for Jenny's Wedding. It has good actors - Katherine Heigl, Alexis Bledel and Tom Wilkinson, to name a few. The story line is relevant - a young gay woman wants to marry her partner, but she hasn't come out of the closet to her family yet, but that right there is the issue. The treatment of the coming out is a little outdated, and something else (on which I just can't put my finger) about the movie just felt off. It was kind of meh.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment