Friday, September 5, 2014

FO Friday - 9/5/2014

I won't even apologize for the radio silence...I remain overextended, and all I can do is the best I can.

I did finish my Camp Loopy Project 3 just under the wire:


I used Swan's Island Natural Colors Merino Fingering in the color Beetroot.  I think the name accurately describes the color, if I do say so myself.  The pattern, Valine, is by Mary Annarella.  I highly recommend her patterns.  They are very clearly and thoughtfully written.

I was having trouble at the beginning of the project, among the reasons being the two skeins were not the most closely matched on the planet. I had to alternate skeins throughout the entire experience, and that just makes me cranky from the get go.  The final time I restarted was the 15th of the month; so, it actually didn't take me all that long to knit the sweater, but it wasn't the most favorite time I've had knitting. 

Despite all that grumbling (and there was quite a bit of grumbling), I really like the feel and the fit of this sweater.  The yarn is soft and the color is de-vine.  I think I will get plenty of wear out of it...and that makes me happy.




So, it was another successful Camp Loopy for me this summer.


MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment