Saturday, December 14, 2013

Santa Saturday

I belong to a great online knitting group, Lone Star State Knitters.  Every year, anyone who chooses can participate in a Secret Santa exchange.  I've opted in for the last few years and I've always enjoyed it.

My package came to our new house the day before the ice storm hit, but I wasn't able to go get it.  I spent the week living vicariously through others, as they told about and showed pictures of their goodies.  I asked one of my neighbors to check the porch and retrieve it for me when the conditions were safe enough for her to walk over there and do so, but I never heard back from her.  I didn't know if the package was ever really delivered.  Luckily, I was kind of busy; so, I wasn't stressing too much about it. 

Yesterday, I got my package and the box was big.



There was a package inside wrapped in Christmas paper and a card.



There were lots of goodies in a basket.  A basket of fun, if you will.



I know my SS is a spinner and I think she may have spun the four hanks of this beautiful PURPLE yarn (that my camera captures as blue).  I cannot wait to figure out what to make with it. There is some fat free chocolate Chai mix and a beautiful china cup and saucer in which to drink it.  I got chocolate flavored, no scented body lotion, hand lotion and lip balm.  My SS also plays the harp and she sent me a CD of Celtic harp music.  I got a beautiful set of stitch markers and the most clever necklace.



Here's a close up of the stitch markers:



Here's a close up of the necklace..it's a yarn ball:



Many, many thanks to my lovely Secret Sister.  I love, love, love it all!!!

MK out. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome box MK! So glad for you. You deserve every bit of it!!

    For the first time I missed this year. :(

    ReplyDelete