Friday, July 19, 2013

FO Friday - 7/19/2013

Hello Y'all!

I finished Camp Loopy Project 2 on the 15th and here it is:



The challenge was to knit an at least 500 yard project (between July 1 and 31) that is popular with other knitters that I had not knitted before.  I chose the Hitchhiker by Martina Behm. 



Is it a scarf?  Is it a shawlette?  Yes.

I used a Wollmeise We're Different coloration of Fledermaus that I had in my stash.  It's so nice that The Loopy Ewe allows you to participate with stash yarn as long as it is something they carry in their store.



It has bright to wine-ish red and charcoal-ish black in it.  I was only able to squeeze out 40 and three-fourths teeth out of the skein.  It is the 80/20 Twin - which has only 510 yds, compared to the Pure.  It has 575 yards.  It is fine though.

I also finished the June 2013 Socks!



Here's a better photo in the sun:



I used Madelinetosh Tosh Sock - one of the squishiest sock yarns around - in Betty Drapers Blue.  SKA has more than one challenge per month, FYI, and I chose Literary Theme.  The pattern is Snow Queen Sock by Emmy Coplea. 

It was the first time I've ever worked a Dutch heel.  It was easy...So, don't fear the Dutch heel!

Wednesday, I showed you the July Socks.  I am zipping along on them...I should at least complete the heel turn today.  The pattern does not require extensive concentration or a quiet room; so, yay!  I may actually finish them in July.  That hasn't happened in quite a while.

I've picked out my Camp Loopy Project 3 yarn and project already:




The challenge for Project 3 is to knit something out of 800 yards of yarn, single stranded, (and get a picture posted on the website between August 1 and 31.)  I choose to make the Storm Water Shawl. The yarn is Handmaiden Sea Silk that I had in my stash.  I bought this yarn in Victoria, British Columbia seven years ago. 

Yes, you read that right. 

Back to knitting on WIPs while I wait for August 1st.

MK out.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been busy. Love the storm water shawl and the yarn that you chose - will be beautiful. And, as always, I lust after your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so nice...and all this with a new house on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the color of the socks and the yarn for Loopy 3. Can't wait to see the Storm Water Shawl in that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is gorgeous. Love the Hitchhiker. And the Storm Water Shawl is gorgeous. Wish the pattern was available outside the kit. It will be gorgeous as all your work always it. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete