I have given up with New Year's Resolutions. I do write down lists of things that I'd like to accomplish in the coming year, but it is more of a goal setting exercise. Carole asks us to tell Ten Things That We Want to Do in 2012.
When I wrote my lists of goals for this year, I noticed that it is rather chore oriented, but I have several "projects" on my plate, and I would really try to get them done. In the last almost year and a half, The Husb and I lost our remaining parental units. Consequently, we have some additonal real estate that needs attention. I have listed the big things here and I tried to include some fun things too: (I write l.i.s.t.s of goals, and trust me when I say, there are way more than ten things I'd like to accomplish this year.)
1. Decrapify and organize the paperwork files...I really hate paperwork, and I've really let it get out of hand.
2. Finish cleaning out and sell my mother's house.
3. Finish cleaning out and sell my inlaw's house.
4. Finish cleaning out the condo...we might keep this one.
5. Settlle the estate for which I am the executor.
6. Study for and pass my recertification test.
7. Knit from stash to reduce it by one-third this year...If I buy yarn through the year, I will have to knit that much more...
8. Send some cards and letters...like through the mail.
9. Spend more time with friends...and be sure to tell them how much they mean to me.
10. Do at least one fun thing and find joy daily.