Monday, May 19, 2008

There Must Be a Fat Lady Singing Somewhere

Round 3, Game 6 - Red Wings v. STARS - tonight at the American Airlines Center. The Wings won. The STARS didn't turn on the magic until the third period, but they did not roll over and play dead. It was a fun run while it lasted.

So - not too much hockey talk in the next few months. I can go back to concentrating on some knitting and other things in my life.

Speaking of knitting:

For our two-person sock club, Amy and I have decided to learn the figure-eight cast on to make a toe-up sock. I have chosen this sock from Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Needles book.














I tried the toe method she used in the pattern, but I did not like the way it turned out. Since I was supposed to be using the figure-eight cast on anyway, that is what I am going to use.

Here are the Monkeys (April's socks) after I frogged two nearly completed socks and started over.










Here are the May socks with the figure-eight cast on toes. They are still a little more pointy than I like, but at least they don't look lumpy on my feet.










Must go now, but I'll be back.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment