Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday - 8/31/2011

So, if you read my blog enough, you might have read yesterday's Ten on Tuesday.  Carole's list included booze...my bad!  I totally forgot.  Lorette pointed out that I didn't mention getting the knitting together....Well, that one goes without saying, and it was quasi-covered in number 4. (gather supplies).  I listed out the other stuff because I might forget something...The knitting - never will get forgotten!  Kat wonders if that boat in the picture was at my house.  The pic was snapped on the G after Ike.  Happily, it was not my house or boat...sadly, it was somebody's house and boat.

I've been working on the finish work on four projects...it's like pulling teeth!  I really put them off and find other things that have to get done first, before I sit down to the tasks at hand.  Once I do finish something to the nth degree and it is f.i.n.i.t.o!...k.a.p.u.t!...d.o.n.e!  I am really happy.  Strangely, I find that the happiness does not seem to reinforce the behaviour and drive me to finish other stuff.  I might ponder on that one a while...

One reason may be that things such as this happen:



I was knitting along happily when I discovered this dropped stitch and almost went apoplectic.  I caught it with the safety pin and set the whole project aside for several days.  I decided I would do a little rigging, instead of ripping back and it worked out just fine.  You might get to see it someday soon...

Until Friday, when I can show you some finished stuff, here's what's next on the agenda:

First, I have picked out the yarn (Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Moorland) and the pattern (Aragorn) for my September socks.  Mind you, I haven't even started the August socks...but I'll get there eventually.  The Sock Knitters Anonymous forum on Ravelry starts the Sockdown year in September.  I don't know if I will participate in every single month's challenge, but I've been eyeing that pattern for a while and Janneke Maat is one of the featured designers for the month...Yay! 



Next, I've had these two balls of yarn for a while.  The multicolored one is Bollicine Sissi.  I plan to make a scarf with some beads on the ends out of it.  The turquoise one is Knit Picks Shadow Lace.  I have been wanting to make Annis; so, I will try it with Shadow.



Back to the salt mines...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment