Friday, September 1, 2023

FO Friday 9/1/2023

I have two projects to share today.


First up, I’ve been taking long arm quilting machine lessons. A couple of weeks ago, I learned how to do free motion quilting. 

I had to bring a completed quilt top and backing to practice my skills, but didn’t want to risk messing up one of the two completed quilt tops I already had. What’s a girl to do but quickly put together (yet another) quilt top? So, I did.



I even made a scrappy binding.



I really like how it turned out.




Secondly, I actually completed a sweater!




The pattern is Uptown Tee by Tori Yu. I used Shibui Knits Fern in a pretty gray. For being 100% cotton, this yarn is very soft and knitting with it is a joy. Sadly, Shibui has gone out of business.

Back to the work shop!

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment