Friday, June 30, 2023

FO Friday - 6/30/2023

I have no FOs to show, but I have a sad tale to tell.


Remember when I told y’all about a swatch for a new sweater being spot on and I started it? I was so happy. I was knitting along, minding my own business, but it soon became apparent that something was off. I kept knitting for a bit more until I couldn’t stand it anymore. I measured the gauge and it was the post block gauge. 


For the muggles, the stitches were bigger on the swatch I had made, but when I blocked (soaked and then dried) the swatch, they were smaller. They measured at the gauge the pattern was written. (The stitches shrunk to the right size after the sample swatch was washed.) I thought I was home free, but now the stitches are knitting up at the correct gauge and I’m worried that the garment will shrink and not fit after I wash it.


I was so frustrated!!! I was ready to frog (rip-it, rip-it - get it?) the whole thing and re-swatch.


A wise knitter told me to put the thing in time out for a bit. Then, take the whole shebang off the needles and block it.




Today was the day. I’ll keep you posted.


MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment