Thursday, January 12, 2023

Book Chat - 1/12/2023

Happy New Year! I read 57 books in 2022. For 2023, I again pledge to read at least 24. Let me tell you about the final two books I read last year.

Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
It’s another great book with wonderfully crafted characters. Three women, each with personal drama, head to Nantucket for the summer. Each is hoping to find clarity. It was so good!

The Secret History by Donna Tartt
I really liked The Goldfinch by the same author and was quite surprised to find that I did not enjoy reading this book. It moved so slowly and there was so much description. It took half the book to get to the big event that was not even a surprise since the beginning of the book talks about it. By the time it finally happened, I had quit caring about the aftermath. I kept going, thinking there’d be something worth reading but, no. Read at your own risk.

Here’s to many (and better) adventures in 2023!

MK out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment