Thursday, August 25, 2022

Book Chat - 8/25/2022

On this pseudo vacation, there’s more work going on than vacationing, but I’m for sure grabbing what I can when I can.


That Kind of Mother by Rumaan Alam 
It’s not a suspenseful page-turner, but it’s a timely story about a woman who adopts her African American nanny’s baby when the nanny dies in childbirth. I liked it.

The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand
I’d call her The Queen of Beach Reads as she has been churning out a book (most, if not all set on Nantucket Island) a year for the last twenty or so. This one set in a hotel that has a real life counterpart on the island, the Nantucket Hotel and Resort. It includes references to a couple of Nantucket businesses. There’s mystery; there’s romance; there’s a beach. Loved it.

The dichotomy:



MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment