Thursday, July 30, 2020

Book Chat - 7/30/2020

I'm doing well in my challenge of reading at least 50 books this year. I'm up to 34 with these two books:

Holly Banks Full of Angst by Julie Valerie
Holly Banks and her family have just moved to a posh community where everything looks perfect. The Village of Primm is touted for its superior school, which is run by the dictatorial president of the PTA, Mary-Margaret St. James. The book is described as comical and hilarious, but I found most of the interactions between not-so-perfect Holly and the exacting Mary-Margaret silly and a bit over the top, especially early on. Otherwise, it's a cute summer read. I liked it.

What You Wish For by Katherine Center
This book is set in my hometown. It was fun seeing familiar street names and landmarks mentioned. Even two of the main characters had a familiar last name. Samantha (Sam) Casey is an elementary school librarian who expresses the happiness she feels about her life by dressing in a colorful manner, but it wasn't always that way. When the principal of the school suddenly dies and his successor is announced, Sam is shocked. He happens to be a man from her past, one of the main reasons she left California and settled in Texas. It was a light-hearted read with a bit of a message. I loved it.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment