Monday, June 4, 2018

Movie Monday - 6/4/2018

I've watched a few flicks.

I had higher hopes for Table 19, based on its synopsis on various sites. Anna Kendrick plays Eloise, who gets dumped via text by her boyfriend. She was supposed to be the maid of honor in her friend's wedding, but since said friend is the sister of the ex-boyfriend, Eloise is relieved of that duty. She's also assigned to Table 19, the table of misfit guests. It's a good setup, but it doesn't really fly from there. Lisa Kudrow, Craig Robinson, June Squibb, Stephen Merchant and Tony Revolori also star. It was alright.

Treblinka's Last Witness is a documentary. Samuel Willenberg tells about his time as a prisoner in the WW II death camp. It was a fascinating story of a person's journey of survival.

I watched Mother! for about 10 minutes before I took the DVD out of the player and sealed it in the Netflix return mailer. It was weird. Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Michelle Pfeiffer and Ed Harris are in this film. Lawrence plays a woman, living her life, minding her own business (allegedly) until some strangers barge into her home and things get strange. Who knows if I would have liked it. I wasn't impressed at the get go; so, I just didn't watch it.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment