Friday, May 4, 2018

FO Friday - 5/4/2018

The dash has been keeping me busy. I finished the first project I'll show you last week. I meant to write about it before now, but again, dash.


Pattern: Just a plain vanilla sock; so, no pattern, except for the Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Must Stash Yarn Perfect Self Striping Sock in I Am Fearless, from The Affirmations Collection    and a white Perfect Mini
Comments: I really love Stacie's yarn. The colorways are fabulous. I want to knit all of them. Her base is so squishy! Stripeys shine the best in plain vanilla, in my opinion, and this yarn was no exception.


Pattern: Hiraeth by Rae Gronmark
Yarn: Spirited Fibers Fingering Weight in Malbec, Coffee and a speckled
Comments: I made the small version of this pattern. It was a fun knit. I like the yarn and the pattern.

However, beware. The darker colors have a lot of excess dye that made the cream speckled less cream.


I'm not too torn up about it because I was thinking that there was too stark a contrast between the cream and the other two colors.

In other news, I'm not happy about the excess dye from Tart turning the Antler in my Derecho a pink color...


...despite the cold water soak with the three color catchers.

I've heard of ways to prevent this sort of thing from happening and I need to research it. I want to make a Fading Point Shawl using these skeins:


The two Madelinetosh yarns on the left end are supersaturated colors and I'm worried. I want the gray in the two skeins on the right to stay gray.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment