Sunday, April 15, 2018

FO Friday - 4/13/2018

Sorry...very late with this post.


Pattern: Tracie by Joji Locatelli
Yarn: Suburban Stitcher Single Sock in Tandoori and Sweet Pea
Comments: I actually finished this shawl last week and wore it to Fiber Fest. The pattern is very well written. It was my first time to use Suburban Stitcher yarn and it's very nice. I liked it so much that you may have noticed that I bought more at Fiber Fest.

I used one size smaller needle than suggested to make sure I didn't run out of yarn. The shawl came out kinda small, but I knew it would grow after blocking. I was right, but it's still not as big as Joji's. I'm totally fine with it, because I'm not a very tall person.

For comparison, I took an  unblocked picture


and then a picture after blocking. 


I think the size is perfect for me.


Pattern: Wisp by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Amaroso
Comments:  I like the pattern, and the yarn is nice, but I've decided that I don't really like knitting with lace-weight yarn. The only modifications I made was to knit one more repeat to make the yardage requirement and I skipped the buttonholes. If I make it again, I will use a provisional cast-on and graft the ends together. This time, I will seam the ends together. This project fulfills the "use lace-weight" requirement for Loopy Academy. 

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment