Friday, April 28, 2017

FO Friday - 4/28/2017

Sorry for the crappy photo, but it's night and the lighting is poor and if I didn't post today, it be a whole week again before I could show you.


Pattern: Geek Socks I also used the Fish Lips Kiss Heel again.
Yarn: Tumbleweed Yarn Aurora Fingering Weight in BOI (stripey) and Beach (mini)
Comments: I love this colorway. The name refers to what people born on the G are called - we are BOIs (Born On the Island). I may have mentioned it before when I purchased the yarn last year. Regardless, I had to have a skein. 

I like this pattern and may use it again. Next time, I may cast on a few more stitches. OR, I guess I could have worked them inside out as I have done on a pair of socks in the past. The floats tighten the sock up a bit and it's a little hard to put them on. I did not work the slip stitch rows on the sole, but some people do. I like it both ways.

I would've had another FO to show you, but Wednesday, I decided I didn't like how splitting the olive stripe looked and I frogged them back to the teal stripe before starting the heel. I worked like mad to finish them today.


I probably should have ripped out the teal stripe and continued with the mini next to the Beach stripe, but it doesn't look too bad as it is now. 

I was working on them earlier today and snapped a pic in natural light.


The colors look closer to the actual in the shot.

So....until next week.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment