Friday, March 31, 2017

FO Friday - March 31, 2017

I have one FO and one almost FO.


Pattern: I used Rainbow Maze for the hat and an improvised recipe for the mittens.
Yarns:  BMFA Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Handsome Man and Frabjous Fibers Mad Hatter in Tulgey Wood.
Comments: I made this cute little set for a friend's grand baby. The next time I make the hat, I will use a solid yarn with more contrast to the multi. I did like how the hat came out though.

The almost FO is my Lost Diadem Socks. I wanted to have them finished today for the March entries to several KALs around the net. The pattern is fancy schmancy and I lost a whole week in the month while I was off living my dash; so, I'm not devastated. There's another reason I'm not finished.

Firstly and not related to the reason, I chose not to do the lace pattern on the back of the leg. Instead, I continued the rib pattern of the cuff. 


Do you notice anything? Look at the right side of the sock on the right. Last night, I discovered that I had set up the rib pattern wrong on the back of that sock. 


And I only noticed it when I had knitted the entire leg!

I put them away and went to bed. I grappled with deciding whether or not it's noticeable enough to fix them. Finally, I figured it would bother me for the rest of the life of the socks if I didn't repair them. 


I started where I needed to put a garter column, thinking that it would be the one that would take the most time. If it ended up taking way too long, I was going to go back to stockinette and just deal with the socks being less than perfect.

Before I knew it (it wasn't all that quick, but hey) I was working on the final column.


An hour and four redone columns of 90 or so rows later, I had socks whose backs matched.


Not too bad, huh?

I think I'm going to have a liedown now.

MK out.






1 comment:

  1. Great job on the fix. If they had been for me I probably would have left them.

    ReplyDelete