Monday, October 10, 2016

Movie Monday - 10/10/2016

There are so many movies out right now that I want to see, but we've been in and out of town a lot lately. I don't know about you, but re-entry just seems to take longer for me these days. We get home, I unpack and start the wash, and then there's all this catching up to do. By the time I feel on top of things and get the-project-of-the-moment (whether it be fiber related or not) all organized and set to go, we go back out of town. I'm ready for a break!!!

Anyway, most of my movie watching has been at home. (Insert sad trombone sound here.)

I read The Book Thief a few years ago and really liked it. The movie is a good adaptation of the novel that was written by Markus Zusak. It is set in Holocaust Germany and is about Liesel (Sophie Nelisse) who is being fostered by a German couple. When she joins their family, she cannot read or write. The father, Hans (Geoffrey Rush) teaches her to read. This act opens up a whole new world for her that she shares with her best friend and a young Jewish man that the family is hiding. Emily Watson plays the mother in this film. It was very good.

Sisters, starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, is about two women who find out they have a couple of days to clean out their childhood rooms since their parents have sold the house. Dianne Weist and James Brolin play their parents.There are many Saturday Night Live comedians also starring in this film. It's crude in parts, but it's funny. It was fairly entertaining.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment