Monday, May 9, 2016

Movie Monday - 5/9/2016

I haven't meant to neglect the blog lately, but my dash is keeping me quite busy. I do have things and experiences to show for it too! That's the point, I'm told.

I have been to the theater once in the last several weeks. I saw Hello, My Name is Doris, starring Sally Field, Tyne Daly and Max Greenfield, just to name a few. Field plays Doris, a sixty-something woman who has a crush on a much younger co-worker (Greenfield). She's encouraged by her best friend's granddaughter to go for it. It was very cute and I really liked it.

In other news, I've been enjoying many wonderful programs on PBS lately. Grantchester is a new favorite. Currently, Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge and A Place to Call Home are playing. I also caught up with The Bletchley Circle. I like all of them. I'm looking forward to Last Tango in Halifax to start again. I watched a documentary about Janis Joplin the other day on PBS' American Masters. It was very good. In case you can't tell, I think PBS is my favorite network.

In still other news, Princess Niece recently turned one. To mark the occasion, I gave her an American Girl Doll Bitty Baby. Remember the quilt and the pillowcase that I made for her? Well, I thought Bitty Baby needed a set too.




I used the scraps from Princess Niece's quilt and pillowcase. She really liked it all. I've never seen a one-year-old show such appreciation, but it sure melted my heart!

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment