Sunday, February 28, 2016

MK's Oscar Picks 2016

The show will start soon. I just know y'all are waiting to hear which movies I would pick. Let me be quick:

Best Supporting Actor - This category was tough for me, because all the actors in the four movies that I saw did a great job. It would be just like The Academy to award the prize to Sylvestor Stallone, but I maintain that he is not the most deserving. I'm going with Mark Ruffalo in Spotlight.

Best Actor - My pick is Eddie Redmayne in The Danish Girl. I'm thinking Leo is going to win for The Revenant, only because he's been nominated many times and has never won. There's a reason why he's never won...he's just not that good...but The Academy is into pity honors. (See Best Supporting Actor above.)

Best Supporting Actress - This one is another challenging category. All the actresses in the four movies I saw did a great job. I didn't watch The Hateful Eight to see Jennifer Jason Leigh's performance, but I pick Alicia Vikander in The Danish Girl.

Best Actress - The buzz is that Brie Larson is going to win, but I pick Charlotte Rampling in 45 Years.

Best Picture - I really wish they'd quit nominating more than five films for this award, but no one asked me. Mad Mad: Fury Road and Brooklyn were weak nominations in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Brooklyn, but Oscar-worthy? No. My pick goes to Spotlight.

I'm ready now...me and my knitting...


MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment