Monday, February 2, 2015

Movie Monday - 2/2/2015

The Theory of Everything is an adaptation of the book Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen by Jane Wilde Hawking. The Stephen (in case you didn't know and you missed the clues in the last sentence) is none other than Stephen Hawking - one of the most important scientists in my lifetime.  It is basically about their life together, beginning when they met while he was attaining his PhD at Cambridge. Felicity Jones and Eddie Redmayne play the principal characters. Eddie Redmayne was stellar in this role. The movie was very entertaining. I really liked it.

Reece Witherspoon stars in Wild, another adaptation of a biography - Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. Witherspoon plays Strayed, a troubled young woman who hikes the over one thousand mile trail to settle her demons and find purpose in her life. Laura Dern plays her mother Bobbi Grey. All I can say is, I don't think I have the courage to even attempt such a feat. It was very good.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment