Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday - 1/29/2014

Currently, I've got five projects going. Even though I've been pretty good lately about keeping only three projects going at a time, the startitis bug got me and now I'm a little crazed. In order to actually get anything completed, I have to concentrate on one or two projects at a time.  I'm not always very good at practicing this principle but...

First, I am still working on Phiaro:



This pattern is knit in the round in stockinette.  I followed the suggestions of a few Ravelers who purled the stitches that are going to be dropped at the end; so, it looks like ribbing.  I also knit through the back loops of the first and last stitches of the knitted groups.  See that big section of purled stitches on the left?  After they are dropped they will be cut right down the middle to become the fringe.  

It's a simple pattern, yet it yields a dramatic result.  My only complaint is the yarn, while very soft, is still a little ropey (Hey! It's not merino) and it's slippery and splitty, but the colorway is pretty and it is keeping me distracted from the challenges.

It's the end of January, and the January 2014 Socks are just getting going:



In honor of Downtown Abbey Season 4 starting earlier this month, I picked this stripey color-way of Goth Socks called Nana's Tea Party.  It reminds me of a vintage English tea party - with pretty flowers gracing the table.  There's even a little bit of purply, violet in there for Mary Crowley's nana - The Dowanger Countess of Grantham.  I am using my trusty-dusty plain, vanilla sock pattern with a picot top and short-row heels.  

So...What's on your needles?

MK out.

1 comment:

  1. I am knitting commission items - neon yellow split mittens for a cyclist, and a BIG dog sweater for a friend's doggums when I want some plain nonthinking work.

    ReplyDelete