Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No Christmas Tree, No Christmas Tree...

















These cuttings sitting in a bucket in the laundry room sink are the only thing close to a Christmas tree in this house at the present time. I was thinking about putting them on the mantle in some form or fashion this year.* I went to my local Wally World the other night looking for fresh garland, but they didn't get any this year; so the sales person offered me the cuttings he was taking off the bottom of a tree he had just sold.

The Husb has a deadline of this Friday to either get our tree up and the lights on, purchase a pre-lit tree, or move into the doghouse on the patio. Last year, I think the lights were finally on the tree around the twelfth of the month. Quite frankly, I was over it by then. I put on the least amount of ornaments with which I could get away. I was not very happy.

We went pre-lit Christmas tree shopping last night. Of course, I liked the priciest one. Of course, they didn't have the nine foot one. They have a seven and a half foot one - with which I would be very happy. They also have a ten foot one that is twice the cost. The Husb is on a mission to find that nine foot tree; so, he could be happy.


Parting shot...We woke up to snow this morning. It was gone by lunch time.












*If you can think of a good way for me to display them, please chime up!

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment