Monday, September 14, 2009

Sock Summit Loot - At the Event Part 1
















Surprisingly, I restrained myself.

Clockwise from the top, a sweater's worth of Valley Yarns Goshen from Webs, a skein of Buffalo Gold #3 for a reduced price in exchange for a skein of yarn from my stash, a pair of triangular wooden needles from Laurel Hill,* two sets of Signature size 0 double-pointed needles in Stilleto, a skein of quiviut** from Village Spinning and Weaving, and an Addi Lace size 4 circular needle from Webs again.

There are two more things that didn't make the picture...Tune in tomorrow.

MK out.

*I am such a needle ho - I don't even like working with straight needles anymore, but I bought them because they were pretty. I can always display them...Yeah, that's it...

**I bought a skein of quiviut in the brownish tone five years ago in Alaska and gave it to a friend for her birthday. I have been wanting to buy a skein for myself ever since and never did, until Sock Summit, when I found a skein in black! Woo Hoo!!!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like the Stilettos. I'm not a rel fan of metal needles, but they sure are sharp. I don't think I'd try to sneak them on an airplane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't knit a lot with double points, but I definitely don't use them in public...too easy to lose one.

    I can't wait to start some socks on them, but it will have to wait...I have too many things OTN right now. I've been avoiding posting them on my projects page on Rav. (Slinking away...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK, I have seen people who put straights into a flower vase and used it for decoration. Just put some pretty marbles or rocks in the bottom to keep it from getting top-heavy.

    ReplyDelete