Friday, December 26, 2008

The Movie Challenge

I have thirteen days to watch thirteen movies that are currently playing in theaters. I know that I won't be able to go to the movies everyday, but we'll see how successful I am at my quest.

Today, I saw The Reader, with Ralph Fiennes and Kate Winslet. Those two gave superb performances, and the film tells a good story. It is based on the novel by Bernhard Schlink, and traces the life of a teenager who has an affair with a woman many years older than he. The actor who played Fiennes' character as a teenager was very good also. I really liked this movie.

Tomorrow, it is doubtful that I will be going to the the movies, as I have plans to be at my favorite yarn shop at 0530 to - not shop, as I did last year - but help them with the end-of-the-year blowout. I had a good time going last year, but then I got home and felt like I was missing the party. (Don't try to figure out that one.) Anyway, should be fun...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment