Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Movie-ng Right Along

It is still hot here in Little D. I did go to a movie today, but only after getting up early, going on a power walk (It was nice at that time of day.), going to work, taking care of a personal family issue and getting supper prepped. Actually, I threw the roast in the crock pot before I left for work, but the potatoes needed a little attention before I could go off to play. I oiled and seasoned them and put them into the oven for a time baked adventure.

Off I went. I really was cutting it close time-wise, as I had to drive down to Big D - and to top it all off...the traffic did not cooperate. I made it to my seat without missing too much of the beginning. The preview buffer saved me, thankfully. I saw As It Is In Heaven - a wonderful movie in Swedish with English subtitles. It is about Daniel, a famous conductor, who suffers from extreme stress and returns to his boyhood home – a place where he was bullied as a child. He was invited to attend a practice session for the local church choir, and ends up becoming the director. He gets caught up into the lives of the choir members, and most everyone ends up for the better. The movie first came out a few years ago in Europe and became very popular by word of mouth. Apparently, it has been playing in Australia for the last 80-plus weeks. It is a must see.

Recently, I saw Sex and the City, and although I have never watched the entire series, I liked this movie. Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kim Cattrall and Kristin Davis reprise their roles as Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte – those wild and crazy girls - living, working and loving in the Big Apple. The clothes were great and it was very entertaining all the way around. Not a heavy-weight picture by any means, but fun anyway. Another movie I saw in the theater is Mamma Mia! starring Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski and Julie Walters – all actresses I love. A single mother (Streep) has raised her daughter in Greece. The girl is about to be married and would like to find out who her real father is, as she has read her mother’s diary and it could be one of three men. The dads are played by Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Starsgard. Streep, Baranski and Walters were a girls band back in the day. Of course, when they reunite for the wedding, they do a little singing – ABBA songs. Pierce Brosnan also sings in this movie, and he.cannot.sing. Oh well. It is cute, cute, cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment