Thursday, October 3, 2024

Book Chat - 10/3/2024

I promised y’all I would discuss the books I read in July a couple of years ago. Here they are:

 

Just for the Summer by Abby Jimenez

Two people, unlucky in love, make a pact to date for the summer and then move on to find their happily ever afters. If that sounds cryptic, read the book and it will make all kinds of sense. I don’t want to give too much away. It was pretty good.

 

It Starts with Us by Colleen Hoover

This book is the sequel to It Ends with Us and picks up where the first one left off. Can Lily overcome her ex-husband’s hold? Will she be able to live the rest of her life fully and peacefully? It was very good.

 

The Last Time I Saw You by Liv Constantine

A woman’s mother is found murdered. She reaches out to her estranged best friend for help. The two of them try to solve the mystery of who killed the mother. It was alright. I’ve enjoyed their other books more.

 

Where the Grass Is Green and the Girls Are Pretty by Lauren Weisberger

This novel has nothing to do with music. The reference to green grass in the title has to do with appearances and perceptions. A man is arrested for attempting to buy his daughter admission into a prominent university. It was pretty good.

 

The Five Star Weekend by Elin Hilderbrand

I so enjoyed reading Elin’s next to last book set on Nantucket Island. I will be sad after I finish the last one. After her husband dies, a woman wants to gather her friends from different stages of her life to share a special weekend on Nantucket. It was so good.

 

I read four books in August. Stay tuned.



 

MK out.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment