Thursday, April 25, 2024

Book Chat - 4/25/2024

Books are our friends,” was something I would tell my brother, but I do not remember the context. I do remember telling it to my son when he was little, to teach him to treat books with respect and to handle them carefully.

The Paris Apartment by Kelly Bowen 
Set in WWII and in the present day, a young woman (Lia) inherits her grandmother's apartment in Paris that nobody knew she owned.  The apartment looked as if it had been abandoned long ago and not touched since. Lia sets out to discover why there were many valuable things in the apartment and to whom they belonged. It was very good.

The Women by Kristin Hannah
A young nurse joins the Army and is shipped off to Viet Nam. If that experience wasn’t harrowing enough, she returns home after two tours only to be treated shabbily. I loved it.


MK out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment