Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Academy Awards 2024

The Oscars are tonight. Again, there are too many films nominated for Best Picture. I would definitely delete Poor Things from the list right off the bat. Of the rest, one can argue reasons why a particular film deserves the nod. I prefer to stick with five and my nominations would be: American Fiction, Barbie, Killers of the Flower Moon, Maestro and Past Lives (even over Oppenheimer). There’s wonderful acting in Oppenheimer, but Best Picture? No.  


I did get to watch The Color Purple! This adaptation is very good. I still like the one with Whoopi Goldberg and Oprah Winfrey the best. 

In the acting categories, everyone nominated deserved the honor. I really don’t have any favorites.

For Best Picture, my vote goes to Barbie.

Y’all enjoy the show.


MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment