Monday, July 31, 2023

Movie Monday - 7/31/2023

I watched two documentaries about the same topic- I may have mentioned one of them before, but I rewatched it; so I’ll mention it again.


Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix and Fyre Fraud on Hulu tell the story of Billy McFarland’s scheme of producing a big, exclusive music festival in the Bahamas that ended up being a big, fat nothing. McFarland ended up being charged with wire fraud charges for his actions. Both films were entertaining in a jaw dropping way.

And, I went to the movie theater twice in the last week.

Barbara Millicent Roberts and I are the same age. She rolled out of the factory in the same year I was born. It’s a given that I would go see Barbie. Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Kate McKinnon, Will Ferrell, Michael Cera and many others play all the Barbies and Kens living blissfully in Barbie Land. Blissfully, until Barbie and Ken visit the real world and find out life is a lot more complicated than they thought. I loved every bit of it.

Oppenheimer, starring Cillian Murphy, Emily Blunt and Robert Downey Jr. tells the story of how the atomic bomb was developed. J. Robert Oppenheimer was the director of the Manhattan Project’s Los Alamos Laboratory during WWII. The acting was superb, but the movie was about an hour too long. 

Good Streamers:
The Crowded Room - Apple+
Minx Season 1 - Starz




MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment