Thursday, July 7, 2022

Book Chat - 7/7/2022

 Last week, I finished my 24th novel this year. My goal was to read 24 over the whole year. These days, under committing is so much less stressful; so, I’m gonna roll with that. I’m quite behind in sharing them here, but I hope to catch up over the next few weeks.


Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
I loved this book - the characters are wonderful. It’s a bit science fictionish - one of the main characters is an octopus who has special abilities. Again, I loved it.

The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
This novel is set in Korea, from during the time of Japanese occupation to the present. The main characters are two women from different backgrounds who had become closer than sisters. Of course, it’s not all ribbons and bows given the time period and political upheaval, plus secrets tear the young women apart. It was very good.

The Round House by Louise Erdrich
A teenaged boy sets out to seek revenge for the brutal attack on his mother. It was good!

That’s it for now.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment