Friday, June 24, 2022

Book Chat - 6/23/2022

I’ve read a few more books than I’m mentioning today. It’s been a bookish few months.


The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom 
After a boat explosion, nine people end up on a lifeboat. They pull a tenth person on board who claims to be God, but is he? 

Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
A woman is convinced that her husband is trying to murder her and enlists her cousin to investigate. 

The Family Chao by Lan Samantha Chan
Lots of family drama and great characters drive this story of a domineering father with three sons, each trying to prove their mettle against family tradition, prejudice and culture identity.

The Divorce Party by Laura Dave
A longtime married couple who appear to be  divorcing amicably are planning a party to mark the occasion. Their son is bringing his fiancée home to meet his parents for the first time. Secrets find their ways into the light of day for both couples. It’s lighter than I’m making it sound. It was an entertaining, quick read - perfect for walking on the treadmill. 

The Drowning House by Elizabeth Black
This book is set in my beloved hometown, The G (aka Galveston, Texas). A photographer who has suffered a tragedy is asked to return to her hometown to curate an exhibit. Many secrets and mysteries are revealed. I enjoyed it, but I’m a bit prejudiced.

The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine 
A woman who feels invisible but yearns for a fairytale life goes after it and the man who can provide it. That’s all I will say because this book is so delicious - I don’t want to give away any juicy details. I hear it’s going to be made into a movie, as I can’t wait!

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment