Monday, November 8, 2021

Movie Monday - 11/8/2021

I went to a movie theater for the first time in almost two years. I was so looking forward to seeing Spencer, a film about Princess Diana, starring Kristen Stewart. The film opened Friday. I’ve never thought that Kristen Stewart is a particularly gifted actress, but I was willing to go with it. Additionally, I thought her being cast as Princess Diana was quite a stretch. Still, I was game. The fact that there were only five couples in the theater, the Husb and me included, should have been a clue. For sure, the fact that two of the couples left before the movie ended (and well before the final act) was a big one. The film tells a fictionalized story of Princess Diana spending Christmas at Sandringham and deciding to end her marriage. It was not a flattering story. Critics have allegedly started touting Oscar buzz for Stewart. At the beginning of the film, she accurately captured many of Princess Diana’s mannerisms and way of speaking. As the film went on, she gradually morphed into Bella Swan. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I am disappointed.


MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment