Monday, February 15, 2021

Movie Monday - 2/15/2021

Movies! And more!


One Night in Miami depicted a fictional night where Malcom X, Cassius Clay, James Brown and Sam Cooke got together. Each a legend in his field, the men examined how they could contribute to the fight for civil rights. It was good.


Pete Davidson helped write and starred in The King of States Island. Apparently, it was semi-autobiographical. Davidson plays Scott, a high school dropout, whose fireman dad died in a hotel fire when Scott was a young boy. He's now 24 and still living at home, with no real career options. His mother (played by Marisa Tomei) starts dating a fireman, and Scott doesn't like it. Y'all, it was surprisingly good. I really liked it...a lot.

I've recently binged Firefly Lane with Katherine Heigl and Sarah Chalke - a 10-episode Netflix original series. Best friends since they were fourteen, the episodes chronicle Kate and Tully’s adventures into adulthood. The show is adapted from the novel of the same name by Kristin Hannah. I have not read the novel, but I know the series deviates from the book somewhat. I don’t know if I will read the book. It ended on a cliffhanger. I hope the story continues. It was so good.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment