Thursday, June 4, 2020

Book Chat - 6/4/2020

I've been pacing well to meet my goal of reading 50 books this year. I've been pretty lucky so far, because I haven't come across any stinkers. 

The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted, And Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg 
This book is a collection of short stories about deliciously ordinary people. I've read and enjoyed novels by Elizabeth Berg before. I like the way she makes the everyday count. I enjoyed all of the stories. 

In Five Years by Rebecca Searle
Dannie, a corporate attorney, was asked "Where do you see yourself in five years?" by the interviewer of her dream job. She gives a very detailed answer - she'd be married to her current boyfriend and working for the interviewing firm. That night, she fell asleep and woke up five years later with a very different result. It was very good.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment