Saturday, December 23, 2017

For the Rest of Us

The Christmas preparations around here have been going at high speed. It always turns out fine, but there are times I'm not so sure because my lists seem endless. It's mostly worrying going on in my head when I feel a little overwhelmed. I've noticed in the last few years though, at some pivotal point, the sun breaks through the clouds and things seem to start getting done smoothly and efficiently.

After the dust clears and there's a little quiet before Christmas, I frequently spend a little time reflecting on things.

Today has much significance around Chez Merry Karma. If my momma were still in this realm, she would be celebrating her 94th birthday. 

I sure miss her. Everyday.

Life (in this realm) has a way of going on. I suppose that's a good design feature overall. Otherwise, what would be the point?

So, Happy Birthday to my momma, and Happy Festivus to the rest of us.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment