Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fall Leaves Tour
















Here's a shot from the lodge where we stopped to eat near the highest part of the Talemina Trail that runs from Oklahoma to Arkansas. It is noted for it's beautiful panoramic scenery, especially at this time of the year, when the leaves are changing colors. The weather forecast for Saturday was sunny and warm... It was neither.

I was hoping to be able to take you on the tour with some great pictures. Instead, here's some knitting:

First, FOs:
















The kid is modeling the hat that I made with the Blue Sky Chunky yarn he chose on our trip to Tricoter in August. The recipe is quite simple: I will come back and post it later.















I finally finished the socks!!!


On the needles:















This car seat blanky was inspired by this pattern . I thought I would shop the stash and make a little gifty for one of the many girls that my friends are expecting in the next few months. I am using Cabana by Reynolds. I cast on 38 stitches, using the first and last three for a garter stitch border. I knitted the first and last 4 rows in garter. I used the ridges garter stitch from the pattern in between the border stitches. Tres easy. It is knitting quickly.















Such a cute baby sweater. I've knitted it before. It's Daydream, from Rowan Babies. I am using Sirdar Snuggly DK in a pretty pink. I am finishing the right front tonight, and then I will knit both sleeves at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Now what are the odds - we were up there on Friday! We were blessed with clear weather though. It was beautiful enough we plan on staying at the Queen Wilhemina Inn next year - quite enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the odds, indeed!

    I told my husband that next time, we need to plan to stay overnight at the Inn too. That way, it might be cruddy one day and nice the next, or visa versa - like this year.

    ReplyDelete