Friday, October 5, 2007

Life in Merry Karma's World

October is here! I celebrated my birthday on Wednesday by working up 6 new patients! It was the funnest birthday ever!

I would've taken off on Wednesday, but I had scheduled the flooring people to come to my house today to replace carpeting and vinyl upstairs. I had already planned to take off yesterday and today; so, I figured adding Wednesday would really be pushing it. Besides, I thought, I only had 5 established patients and I wouldn't be that long. Famous last words.

Sooooooo......I worked on Wednesday - and yesterday, I moved everything out of the three closets upstairs, as well as the stuff that I have stacked (neatly) in the "exercise room" that needs to be addressed. I had been working on it at a slow-but-determined-one-box-at-a-time-fashion. It was under control. Really.

Here's what the living room and dining room look like right now:






























































Nice, huh?

I hope I survive the rest of the weekend. I suppose it is a good a time as any to send some of this stuff to new homes. I just don't relish the idea of having to deal with it. When it was upstairs, it was out of sight and out of mind, for the most part. Now, in the harsh light of day, I see that I have a problem. It's called too-much-stuffitis. I feel like that lady from Clean House's Messiest House in America special. I know I'm not that bad, but I do have a lot of stuff. I live in mortal fear of becoming that bad.

I will sign off now and get busy. I'll be back with posts about movies and knitting.

MK out.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, late!
    I have that same fear of being one of those crazy old ladies who gets buried under all the stuff. My office gets to where it's just piles and piles of stuff with paths through, like a maze. It's probably time to dredge out the junk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girl!

    I left a comment on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete