Friday, January 19, 2018

FO Friday - 1/19/2018

I finished the first socks for the year!


Pattern: Pebbles Socks by Knitting Expat Designs
Yarn: The main color is Must Stash Yarn & Fiber Simply Speckled in Beaver's Dam and the contrasting color is their Mondo Mini in a light teal color.
Comments: I love, love, love this yarn! It's so pretty and squishy!!! I think the speckles are amazing. I wanted a subtle pattern, because I'm tired of plain vanilla but I didn't want anything to detract from the beauty of this colorway. Pebbles Socks did right by this yarn.

In other news, I took a little trip last weekend...

...to the balmy climes of Lake Placid, NY...

...during the Arctic Blast.

We flew into Boston and drove there.

We woke up to a blanket of new snow.


Handknit socks were de riguer.



Even in single digits, we walked around.


We watched hockey in a famous place.




I visited Adirondack Yarns, a charming LYS, and bought some yarn.


I know. It's the first month of the new year, and I bought yarn, when my plan was to minimize yarn purchases this year. Oh well.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment