Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WIP Wednesday - 10/19/2016

Y'all! The current WIP count is SIX!!! This week, I will have an FO to show you. I wish I was close enough to finish another one, but it is what it is.

In order to try to get one finished for next week, I'm going to concentrate on two projects. One is the Loopy Monthly Mixer for September:


I'm making a Liesl using yarn from The Yarn Vault. It's Azul Profundo on Malabrigo Rios. I know I purchased this yarn from Gauge in Austin, Texas during the Hill Country Yarn Crawl. I'm not sure of the year, but I know it was before 2011 because I logged it into my Ravelry stash page in January of 2011. 

I'm also working on the toy assignment for Loopy Academy:


As you can tell, I haven't gotten too much further than the last time I posted a picture. I need to get on the good foot!

On the sewing front, I am working on some Christmas projects. I won't talk about them until after Christmas. I also have some fabric on deck to make some things. (Of course I do!)

I realize it is already October 19th, but I still haven't cast on a pair of socks for Socktober. I already know what yarn I want to use. It's another skein from The Yarn Vault. 


I want to make a Halloween-themed drawstring bag for the October Monthly Mixer and my Socktober socks can live in it. Isn't the fabric cute?

One of the Loopy Academy projects is a zippered box bag - but since there's a two-yard fabric requirement, it's more like a set of zippered box bags. 


I think this fabric looks so happy and I can't wait to cut into it.  I am trying to narrow down which tutorial I will use to make them, because there are several really good ones out there.

Another Loopy Academy assignment is to make a table topper or wall hanging. 


I have found the pattern I want to use. I'll share more about it another time.

Well, I'm nothing if not ambitious.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment