Saturday, October 22, 2016

Show Off Saturday - 10/22/2016

I'm sorry that there wasn't an FO Friday post yesterday. I finished my project bag in the wee hours of Friday morning, but decided to wait until later in the morning to take a picture or two. Well, I overslept, went for a walk later than I wanted to, had to work on some paperwork, did some cleaning, ran some errands - and the next thing I knew, I woke up in front of the tee vee and went to bed. Charming.

Lucky for you, I got a good night's sleep and it's still daylight.

I finally finished that little cardigan that has been OTN since May.


Pattern: Oli Woo by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK in Seedling and Turquoise 
Comments: I bought this yarn several years ago when an LYS near me was going out of business. I bought the book some time after that. I've been wanting to make all the things from the book. This cardigan is the third project I've made from it. As you can see, there are no buttons yet. It's because I can't decide about the closure for this cardi; so, I'm calling it done - at least for now.

And here's the little Halloween themed bag!


Pattern: Lined Drawstring Bag, a tutorial by Jeni Baker
Fabric: I used three prints from the Riley Blake Halloween Magic collection and a Kona Cotton Solid.
Comments:  I've used this tutorial to make project bags before. It's a good one. This bag is my Loopy's Monthly Mixer fabric project for October. The challenge was to make something scary. 


All the little characters in the top print are kind of scary, but spiders (in the bottom print) scare me the most. The pumpkins with the goofy faces aren't too scary, are they?


I still have the July, August and September fabric mixer projects to do. Oy vey! But here's a sneak peak of the fabric for two of them:




MK out.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweater & lovely bag! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK is a cutie! The sweater is adorable & so is the Halloween bag...just in time!🌹
    (Had to re-write my post because I mis-spelled my name...lol.
    Keep them coming!
    Dr. Pepper

    ReplyDelete