Friday, July 8, 2016

FO Friday - 7/8/2016

I know y'all have been waiting with bated breath to see my most recent yarny FO...you know, the one that brought the WIPs down to eight...before I cast on for that pink washcloth. 

Don't get too excited. I'm engaging in a few different activities to knit down my stash. One of them is a sort of alphabet stash down. I make a list at the beginning of the year of yarns or patterns starting with a letter of the alphabet and then I make stuff. I started it last year. It's kind of a work in progress, because I don't necessarily have ideas for all the letters of the alphabet. I didn't finish last year's yet. I'm doing two simultaneously - 2015 and 2016.

All that to say, may I present - U is for Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme Batik:


I totally stole the idea - yarn and pattern - from a girl on Ravelry. Basically, it's square in a seed stitch pattern. The yarn was the extra skein I bought to make sure I had enough to make a Gallatin Scarf for my LSSK Secret Sister last year. 

I was able to get two generously sized washcloths out of one skein. 


And, I finished the outfits for Princess Niece and her Bitty Baby!


PN's is the third project I've made out of this book:


Remember this one?


Of course Bitty got one.


...and this one? 


They are the same outfit, but two different sizes. The mustard color one is a 6-month size, which fits quite well, even though she is 14-months now. The red and blue one is the 9-month size. I'm not sure when it will fit, but I'm hopeful she will be able to wear it. Don't get me started on infant sizing...

This latest creation is the same as the one on the front cover of the book. I made the 6-month size again, since it fits. The patterns for Bitty's outfits were drafted by me. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about grading patterns up for her...she'll be staying in the same size for...like ever!

I really like the infant clothes in this book. The outfits for older little people are not my taste, but there are plenty of other patterns out there...

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment