Monday, June 20, 2016

Movie Monday - 6/20/2016

I haven't been the avid movie goer of late. Pre-award season is over...the quality of movies currently out there hasn't been up to my standards. Nothing really had been floating my boat, so to speak.

I did see Money Monster in the theater recently. George Clooney plays a guy with a television show  giving stock advice, much like Jim Cramer of Mad Money fame. An investor who lost all he had  after taking a tip from Lee Gates (Clooney), takes him hostage on the air. Julia Roberts plays Gate's director, who works behind the scenes to try and help her colleague before it's too late. It was pretty good.

I started watching Straight Outta Compton, a film that chronicles the rise and fall of the hip hop group N.W.A. Of course I've heard of Dr. Dre, MC Ren, Ice Cube, DJ Yella and Esay E, but I knew nothing about them. It was interesting, but a hard film to watch in some parts.

That's it for this week.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment