Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Making a Pincushion

I have almost three weeks until this Loopy Academy semester is over. I've completed the three required knitting projects. I'm currently working on the extra credit project. More on all that soon.

On the other hand, I have two of the three assigned fabric projects yet to do. Monday, I decided it was time to make the pincushion. A girl on Ravelry made a cute one using this tutorial. I decided I wanted to make one like it too.

I made the center squares a little bit bigger that in the tutorial.


I did a little quilting around the nine patch.


I applied fusible interfacing to the back and sewed the front and back together. I left a small section free in order to turn it right side out.

I filled the pincushion with crushed walnut shells.


I used scraps from the pajama pants to make it.


I think it turned out pretty cute.



MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment