Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sooooo...

I forgot to do a WIP Wednesday post yesterday; so, I'll do one today. The Oscar nominations were announced today and it's a WIP kind of situation, because I have eleven films yet to see. In case you wanted to know, the nominations for the top five are:

BEST PICTURE 
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Mad Max: Fury Road
Room
Spotlight
The Big Short
The Martian
The Revenant

BEST ACTOR
Bryan Cranston - Trumbo
Eddie Redmayne - The Danish Girl
Leonardo DiCaprio - The Revenant
Matt Damon - The Martian
Michael Fassbender - Steve Jobs

BEST SUP ACTOR
Christian Bale - The Big Short
Mark Ruffalo - Spotlight
Mark Rylance - Bridge of Spies
Sylvester Stallone - Creed
Tom Hardy - The Revenant

BEST ACTRESS
Brie Larson - Room
Cate Blanchett - Carol
Charlotte Rampling - 45 Years
Jennifer Lawrence - Joy
Saoirse Ronan - Brooklyn

BEST SUP ACTRESS
Alicia Vikander - The Danish Girl
Jennifer Jason Leigh - The Hateful Eight
Kate Winslet - Steve Jobs
Rachel McAdams - Spotlight
Rooney Mara - Carol 

Since we are in the WIP kind of mood, I'll share a little gander at my two projects on the front burner.

My project for the January's Loopy Monthly Mixer is coming along. I've gotten to the lace rows:



This month, we had to pick a pattern, yarn base, yarn color or fabric line that begins with a P. I picked the pattern Peipponen in Wollmeise's Pure base and it's a purple-ish color...it's a trifecta!

I'm also making the Copilot Cowl out of a skein of Alicia Goes Around's Marmalade (of Ponies) in a fun pink, purple and red colorway.



Both are coming right along.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment