Monday, January 13, 2014

Movie Monday - 1/13/2014

I had heard good things about Savages; so, I've been wanting to see it for the longest.  I finally did.  I could sum it up in one word - disturbing. Maybe I am getting old, but I really don't like watching people or animals (in this case, people only) being hurt.  The story centers around two guys who grow the best weed in the world and the girlfriend that they share.  A Mexican drug cartel wants to partner with them and a dirty DEA agent is there to help.  Blake Lively, Taylor Kitsch, Salma Hayek, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, John Travolta and Benicio del Toro all star in this film full of drugs, sex, violence, twists and double-crosses.  It was alright.

Behind the Candelabra is the HBO Movie adaptation of the book about the last ten years of Liberace's life by his then former lover Scott Thorson.  Michael Douglas played Liberace - very well, I might add.  Matt Damon played Scott Thorson.  Rob Lowe, Scott Bakula, Debbie Reynolds and Dan Aykroyd also starred in this film.  The acting was very good and it was an interesting story to tell.  I liked it.

Gerard Depardieu stars in My Afternoons with Margueritte, a French movie with English subtitles.  It is a sweet little story about a man who cannot read, but bonds with a refined older lady he meets in the park.  They soon start spending time together regularly.  It was really good.

Until next time...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment