Friday, January 31, 2014

FO Friday - 1/31/2014

It's so nice to finish things.  I guess that makes me a project knitter, even though I love the process of knitting.  I like feeling the yarn in my hands, looking at the colors and executing the stitches.  I love everything about knitting...but I have to see it through to fruition.  Maybe, that just makes me a little anal...

...or maybe more than a little.

I present the December 2013 Socks:


I used Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs Goth Sock yarn. The base is Laudanum Lache - it's an MCN (merino, cashmere and nylon blend for you Muggles). The color is Emerald City Snow.  I have several skeins of their stripey sock yarns and they are perfect for plain, vanilla socks. I've been on a plain, vanilla kick lately.  Part of it is because I have several (and by several, I mean several tens ) skeins of multi-colored sock yarn - and patterns just get lost in the color changes.  I'm also on this kick of trying to become stashless.  

Don't laugh.  

Another reason is that knitting plain, vanilla socks is very comforting.  It's good to have at least one project of comfort knitting on the go at all times.

So..ok...go on with your weekends.

MK out.

1 comment:

  1. I do find knitting vanilla socks comforting also. So very zen.

    ReplyDelete